SAFE Awards $10,000 in Local Scholarships
SAFE continued its commitment to improving the financial well-being of the community it serves by providing scholarships to exceptional college-bound students this spring. As part of SAFE’s annual scholarship program, ten local high school seniors were each awarded $1,000 for their outstanding achievements.
The large pool of applicants in 2011 represented 40 high schools and 27 cities in and around Greater Sacramento. Recipients were determined by a scholarship committee, based on the applicant’s grade-point average, financial need, community service and volunteerism, letters of recommendation, and personal composition on how his or her education will benefit the community.
This year’s recipients include:
• Daniel Cattolica, Bella Vista High School
• Connor Quinn, Bella Vista High School
• Jared Fong, C.K. McClatchy High School
• Grace Lau, C.K. McClatchy High School
• Sarah Dyer, Folsom High School
• Kimberly Saepan, Hiram W. Johnson High School
• Haile Canton, Mira Loma High School
• Katrina Lund, Oak Ridge High School
• Alexandria Lee, Roseville High School
• Kim Ho, Sheldon High School
SAFE wishes the Class of 2011 the best and brightest future endeavors.