Online Privacy Statement
- Our Promise to You
- We Protect Your Personal Information
- Information We Collect and Use
- Notification of Changes
- Parties Who Receive Information from Us
- Information about Former Members
- Protecting Children's Privacy Online
- Safeguarding Your Privacy
- Privacy Choices
Effective on: 4/1/15
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact an Online Support Representative via Live Help. Additionally, you may contact SAFE's Call Center by phone at (800) 733-7233 or email at email@example.com.
- SAFE Credit Union is committed to protecting your privacy at all times.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliated third parties for purposes of selling their products and services to you.
- Your information is protected by strong security controls surrounding our technology and personnel.
We Protect Your Personal Information
We restrict access to personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your personal information. We will continue to test and update our technology to improve the protection of our information about you.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use state-of-the-art SSL encryption technology to ensure your data is secure during transmission.
- If you apply for membership online, we may collect the name of a family member who is an existing SAFE Credit Union member for the purpose of establishing membership eligibility.
- Information on applications and other forms received from you, including your contact information, such as your name, address, and email; sensitive information, such as your Social Security number and driver's license number; demographic information, such as your date of birth; and financial information, such as your income.
- Information about your transactions such as your account balances, credit card usage, the parties to a transaction, your payment history with SAFE Credit Union, and our affiliates that work closely with us to provide you with financial products and services.
- Information received from a credit-reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as your payment history or information concerning your transactions and income.
- Information obtained from consumer purchasing and census data providers, marketing researchers, and public records, such as your income, home ownership, and marital status to develop competitive marketing programs for our members.
- We use your IP address and aggregate log file statistics to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you.
- Our site's applications and forms require users to give us contact information (such as name and email address) and financial information (e.g. account numbers). The member's contact information is used to contact the visitor for the purposes of account maintenance, customer service, or dissemination of product and service information.
- We have calculator functions on the site that allow you to calculate different financial scenarios. These are standalone functions and are not tied to you or your personal information so when you use these functions, we do not collect, capture, or retain your personal information.
- This site may contain links to other sites. SAFE Credit Union is not responsible for the collection and use practices of nonaffiliated third parties to which our web site may link or for the content of such web sites.
- Our site uses forms for members to request information, products, and services. We collect your financial information (e.g. account or credit card numbers) and other personal information only as necessary to respond to your request or perform according to your instructions. Financial information that is collected is used to check the user's qualifications.
- Our site collects personally identifiable information from you when you perform transactions using our Bill Pay application. This information is used exclusively to fulfill the requested transaction.
- Our site uses chat functionality to facilitate communication between members and specially trained Online Support Representatives. Chat sessions may be archived as a means of review for service quality. Chat sessions are held to the same privacy standards as teller or phone transactions and certain banking transactions are not permitted through chat due to the limitations of online authentication.
- If you do not interact with us when you browse our web site anonymously, we do not collect your personal information including your email address. We may, however, gather data that is not personally identifiable to you such as length of user visit, number of hits, and pages visited to evaluate the usefulness of our web site.
- If a user wishes to enroll in our email subscription list, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users' privacy, we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. Please see the Privacy Choices section. This information is not shared with any external business organizations.
Web Browser Do Not Track Signals
SAFE Credit Union does not respond to web browser "do not track" signals because we do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information of visitors to our web site to track their online activities over time and across different web sites.
- If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We share member information to provide superior service, tell you about new or enhanced financial services, and improve and develop our products and services. We may share the information described above with the following companies and as otherwise permitted by law:
- Companies that assist us in administering and bringing you our products and services. The information shared with these companies typically includes information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct our operations, and follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records. These companies may include check and statement printing companies, and data processing vendors; however, these companies do not use your personal information for any secondary purposes.
- Businesses and other financial institutions with which we have a written joint marketing agreement to offer a broader array of offline products and services. Joint marketing agreements include confidentiality provisions to protect member information. These agreements prevent third parties from making your information available for any reason other than that which was intended. Examples of businesses with which we have entered into joint marketing agreements include insurance companies, mortgage servicing companies, and securities brokers/dealers.
- Companies that perform marketing or other business or professional services on our behalf such as businesses that perform mailing services or surveys. We have written agreements with these companies that include confidentiality provisions to protect member information.
- Consumer and credit reporting companies.
- Our affiliates, in order to provide you with expanded business, lending, insurance, and financial investment services.
- There are other situations when we may disclose to third parties your personally identifiable information when permitted or required by law such as in response to legal process or to government entities or when you have requested us to share information about you with a third party.
Information About Former Members
We will not share information collected about former members or non-members, except as may be permitted or required by law. Email information about former members is held for re-marketing purposes unless the user has unsubscribed. If you would like to unsubscribe, click here and contact SAFE.
Protecting Children's Privacy Online
From our web site, we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 years of age without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 years of age send us personal information, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent, or provide parental notice. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of non-affiliated third parties to which our web site might link.
For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC web site: www.ftc.gov.
Safeguarding Your Privacy
SAFE Credit Union recommends that you take the following precautions to safeguard your privacy and protect against the unauthorized access or use of your personal and account information:
- Protect your account numbers, personal identification numbers (PINs), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, which provides free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Monitor your account frequently. Immediately report any unusual activity to SAFE Credit Union.
- Never disclose your account numbers, Social Security number, or other personal information to others unless you initiate the call or transaction. If someone calls, texts, or sends you an email, explaining the contact is on behalf of SAFE Credit Union and asks for your account number; do not divulge that information! Official credit union staff will have access to your information and have no need to ask for it.
- Keep your information current. It is important that SAFE Credit Union has current information on how to reach you.
- If SAFE Credit Union detects potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, SAFE Credit Union will attempt to contact you immediately. For questions concerning identity theft and fraud, contact us at (916) 979-7233 or (800) 733-7233.
- If your address, phone number, or email address changes, please update your information within SAFE Online Banking or write to SAFE Credit Union at the address below. For international address changes contact us at (916) 979-7233 or (800) 733-7233.
SAFE Credit Union
2295 Iron Point Road, Suite 100
Folsom CA 95630-8765
To opt-out of promotional email messages from SAFE Credit Union, please follow the steps below:
- Click here to send us an email.
- Enter "Marketing Promotions Opt-out" in the subject line.
- Enter your name and mailing address in the body of the email message.
- Click the "Send" button.
National Do-Not-Call Registry
You can reduce the number of unwanted phone calls to your home by calling (888) 382-1222 or registering your phone number at www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall.