Welcome UC Davis Health System faculty, staff and families!
At SAFE, we appreciate the work of UC Davis Health System's faculty and staff to improve the well-being of our community. We recognize the importance of financial health to overall wellness. SAFE offers a wide variety of affordable and innovative products and services to help you and your family achieve a level of financial well-being that allows you to enjoy life.
- SAFE's President and CEO Henry Wirz (Class of 1973) was named a Trustee of the UC Davis Foundation, a volunteer fundraising board that raises and increases philanthropic support, advocates for the university, and manages a portion of the university's endowment.
- SAFE is sponsoring the UC Davis Health System Mini Med School for the fourth consecutive year. We are proud to help community members take advantage of the opportunity to attend cutting-edge classes focused on normal human aging and avoidance of the diseases we associate with aging.
- SAFE is committed to serving Greater Sacramento and inspiring our next generation of community leaders. We provide scholarships annually to first or second year UC Davis School of Medicine students who intend to practice community health within our region after graduation.
- SAFE donates space in East Sacramento for the Paul Hom Asian Clinic, a free, student-run clinic staffed by UC Davis undergraduate patient advocates, medical students, and attending physicians from UC Davis Medical Center and throughout the Sacramento community.
- SAFE is a member of the Children's Miracle Network Business Development Council, generating funds and awareness programs in partnership with UC Davis Children's Hospital and the sick and injured children it serves.
- California Capital Airshow
SAFE is proud to be a third-year sponsor of the Capital Airshow, a world-class event that engages imagination, encourages creativity, and provides valuable resources to our community. Tens of thousands of people visit the Airshow to enjoy the thrill of aerial acrobatics, the rich history of vintage aeronautics, and all the marvels of flight. The day prior to the Airshow, children from the UC Davis Children's Hospital and other local organizations are treated to a special private event. Sick and injured children and their families enjoy food, entertainment, a complete Airshow performance, and a meet-and-greet with aerial celebrities. Check back soon for more information on this year's event.
Partner for Change!
Support the UC Davis Children's Hospital easily and automatically every time you shop with SAFE's Partner for Change Visa® Credit Card. One percent of your credit card spending will be designated to support the UC Davis Children's Hospital in the form of an annual donation from SAFE. This world-class pediatric hospital, a division of UC Davis Health Systems, is also an academic medical center devoted to the health of babies, children, and adolescents. Together, we can help fund research, purchase state-of-the-art life-saving equipment, and support the Child Life Program, which minimizes the stress and anxiety of hospitalization on patients and their families while strengthening children's coping skills through play, music, and art.
The 1% donation applies only to purchases. Balance transfers and cash advances are excluded. The donation will be paid from SAFE to a single elected nonprofit organization. Donations are calculated annually and paid in February of the following year. To be eligible for the donation calculation, members must make a minimum of $1,000 in purchases in each calendar year, your account must not be more than 30 days past due from January 1st to the time of sending the donation, and the account must be in good standing. The Partner for Change Visa® Line must be open as of year-end for the donation to be paid by the end of February. Each year we determine the dollar amount of purchases that posted to your account during the calendar year, less any purchase credits, returns or adjustments other than payments. As long as you meet the above stated requirements, SAFE will donate up to 1% of total purchases.
These credit cards are secured. SAFE Credit Union has a security interest in all shares, dividends on shares, and deposits (excluding Individual Retirement Account shares) which you now have or hereafter may have in this credit union.
Access your SAFE accounts at any of our 21 branches in the greater Sacramento region or through more than 30,000 surcharge-free CO-OP® Network ATMs nationwide, including a convenient SAFE ATM in Davis.
Budgeting and Credit Videos
Get Fiscally Fit!
1 Subject to receipt from originator and other terms and conditions. 2 Confirmation of direct deposit of at least $300 and 10 debit card point-of-sale (POS) transactions required within 60 days of checking account opening. $100 will be posted as dividends to your SAFE savings account on the last day of the month following 60 days from account opening and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Account receiving bonus must be open and in good standing. Offer expires 12/31/2014. 3 Standard carrier rates and fees apply.
Big changes are ahead. Have you changed your financial strategy? Life changes come quickly, whether expected or a surprise. There are financial practicalities to face when getting married, having children, preparing for college, changing jobs, relocating, and approaching retirement. If you would like to be money-ready for the next stage of life, now’s the time for a financial check up. First, evaluate your goals, and then see your local financial professional to discuss the big and small adjustments available to make it happen.
During your check up, you can review your current financial products and services to make sure they are a good fit for your lifestyle. For example, based on your account balances, could you be earning better dividends in other account types? And, based on your credit score and other factors, is there an opportunity to refinance high-rate auto loans or credit cards? A professional can help you weigh improving your current cash flow with improving your savings or earnings, depending on your personal goals.It’s a good idea to have a regular financial check up twice a year, in addition to receiving expert advice about big changes. And, we’re here to help. Stop by your local SAFE branch for a free check up or to learn more or view SAFE's Top Ten Steps to Financial Well-Being.
Dell Employee Purchase Program (EPP), an exclusive discount program for SAFE affiliate employees, brought to you by Dell.
Why Buy EPP? Members get the Best Price on consumer PC's from Dell, Save 10, 20, 30% on selected systems, Save 10% on Dell branded mobility products, Enjoy FREE 3-5 day shipping on systems $699 and above, and much more!
Instructions: Start Saving Now! Visit Dell EPP or call DELL EPP at 1-866-328-1898. SAFE Credit Union affiliate employe, Member ID: GS49002638
SAFE Affiliates - Enjoy a $5 discount on $45 tickets (Orchestra seats) for the SCSO's upcoming English Grandeur performance on Saturday, April 14th at the Sacramento Community Center Theater. Simply mention the code "Friends of SAFE" when you call the Box Office at (916) 808-5181 to order your tickets or when you purchase them at the Box Office the night of the concert.
Enjoy a 10% discount on $35 tickets for the SCSO's upcoming European Traditions performance at Fremont Presbyterian Church, Sacramento on Saturday, June 2.
SAFE Affiliates - Simply mention the code "Friends of SAFE" when you contact the SCSO Office at (916) 536-9065 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to order your tickets.
Save on Family Fitness new membership! New membership would normally require first and last month's dues of $118.00 and a registration fee of $35.00, for a total of $153.00. This special offer is only $49.00, saving you $104.00! For details, contact Eric at California Family Fitness at 916-932-0100 or via email at email@example.com.
Instructions: Tell Eric that you are an employee of UC Davis, a SAFE Credit Union Affiliate.
Save big on admission to California's Great America and Gilroy Gardens through Great America's Corporate Partner program! Through the program, you get discounted pricing for single day admission as well as season passes to Great America and Gilroy Gardens.
Instructions: To purchase tickets, go to California's Great America and enter "enjoylife" without spaces.
Receive $3 off per ticket at IMAX Theatre, Sacramento.
- To receive your $3 per ticket SAFECU discount, Visit our online ticketing site at www.imax.com/sacramento
- Go to "Tickets and Showtimes"
- Select the date and showtime you would like to attend.
- After you enter the qty of tickets and select your seats you will be asked to "check out"
- In the "check out" screen you will enter your personal information and at the very bottom of this page after the Credit Card info there is a "Discount" field.
- Enter safecu in this field and the next screen you should see is your transaction total screen less $3 per ticket.
- Good luck and we look forward to seeing you at the squire IMAX Theatre.
To get your special SAFE online ticket entrance rate to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, click the special link (below) and enter your user name and password (also below). Then purchase online as directed.
Special Ticket Link:
Password: (Password is Numeric & Case Sensitive)