Online Transaction SecuritySAFE Credit Union takes your online privacy and security very seriously. SAFE’s Online Banking utilizes 128-bit encryption technology that isolates your computer’s connection to SAFE’s computers. This means that the information you enter and view on SAFE’s website cannot be viewed by others on the Internet.
While SAFE uses advanced technological tools like this to protect you, it is also very important that you take steps to keep your personal and financial information secure when conducting transactions online:
- Do not email your personal or financial information to anyone. Email is not
a secure medium.
- Keep your personal information private. Never provide personal information
unless you initiated the transaction.
- When purchasing items online, ensure that you are using a secure connection.
You can usually confirm this by looking for a “secure” icon at the
your Internet browser. In Microsoft’s Internet Explorer this
icon appears as a
- Always log off or close your browser window when you are finished with any
secure online session (such as online banking).
- Avoid using easily guessed passwords or Personal Identification Numbers. To
test your password, visit Microsoft's Password Strength Test page.
- Keep transaction receipts and compare them against your credit card
statements to detect unauthorized activity on your accounts.
- Check your bank account often to assure that any fraudulent activity is
discovered quickly. SAFE's Online Banking is a great tool for
helping you keep
track of your transaction history.
- Safeguard your account numbers. Always shred documents that contain your
account number before you throw them away (this includes pre-approved
- Review your credit report from each of the three credit reporting agencies
at least once a year to verify your information. Click here to get more
information on the credit reporting agencies.
- Install anti-virus software
on your computer and update it regularly.
- Consider installing personal firewall software on your computer if you have a broadband connection (DSL or Cable).
Follow the links below for more information on the technologies Online Banking uses:
Have questions about Online Transaction Security? Click here to chat with a SAFE Member Support Representative!